Bluewater Cruising Sails
At Zoom Sails our aim is to produce the highest quality and best value for money blue water sails available. All sails are designed and engineered by sailmakers who have long distance "cruising" experience , and who understand the needs of the circumnavigator.
For long distance sailing reliability is crucial, performance a bonus. We try and offer smart and innovative features that allow a sail to be as close to service free as possible during its lifespan. Our aim is to enhance a sails reliability, performance and lifespan to provide customers with safe, hassle free and fast world cruising experience.
We understand that in remote parts of the globe sail service facilitates are unavailable. It is impossible to completely eliminate the need to service a sail but we try and limit the need to service to a minimum. Please read our Articles about common sail issues people are facing.
1. Sail shape is custom designed "in house" based on boat type and sail material used, to produce the fastest best performing sail.
2. Our sailcloth options are selected based on extensive UV, Fatigue and stretch testing. Our preferred brands are Dimension Polyant and Contender Fibercon. Please visit our Sailcloth page for more information.
3. Corner reinforcement is designed to reduce shape distortion and wide seam width used to prevent any creep occurring in the seams. UV thread is used throughout.
4. UV covers are genuine Sunbrella or Weathermax. Furling sail corners are covered by UV material which is critical for long term reliability. UV covers are sewn with Gore - Tenara PTFE thread - never need to restitch even after 15+ years in the sun.
5. We supply new battens with new sails to prevent breakages from reusing old battens. Batten pockets have external webbing for chafe protection against stays.
6. Bainbridge and Rutgerson hardware is used. We use the strongest sliders available.