Bluewater Cruising Sails
Our aim is to produce the highest quality and best value for money bluewater sails available. At Zoom Sails your sails are designed by long distance cruisers, who understand the needs of a circumnavigator
For long distance sailing reliability is crucial, performance a bonus. We try and offer smart and innovative features that allow a sail to be as close to service free as possible during its lifespan. Our aim is to enhance a sails reliability, performance and lifespan to provide customers with safe, hassle free and fast world cruising experience.
We understand that in remote parts of the globe sail service facilitates are unavailable. It is impossible to completely eliminate the need to service a sail but we try and limit the need to service to a minimum. Please read our Articles about sail problems.
1. Sail shape is custom designed based on boat type and sail material used to produce the fastest best performing sail.
2. Corner reinforcement is designed to reduce shape distortion and wide seam width to prevent any creeping in the seams.
1. Sailcloth is selected based on extensive UV, Fatigue and stetch testing. Our preferred brands are Dimension Polyant and Contender. Please visit our Sailcloth page for more information.
2. UV covers are genuine Sunbrella or Weathermax. Furling sail corners are covered by UV material which is critical for long term reliability
3. UV covers are sewn with Gore - Tenara PTFE thread - never need to restitch even after 15+ years in the sun.
4. Bainbridge and Rutgerson hardware is used. We use the strongest sliders available